Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official position of Boiling Waters PH.
Lagi nating nakikita dito sa community ang mga salitang “Know your worth” But it is not just about knowing what your worth is, it is about developing it within yourself. Alam mo nga pero you are not doing anything about it. Here are some things that might work:
1. INCREASE YOUR SELF-UNDERSTANDING
Alamin mo kung sino ka talaga before you can truly say that you are worth it. Ask and answer yourself:
– What if mawalan ako ng work, friends, relationships, material things, etc?
– Paano kung ang meron na lang ako ay ang sarili ko? Anong mararamdaman ko?
– Ano ba talaga yung merong value?
Think of your answers and hopefully masabi mo sa sarili mo na kahit anong mangyari at kung ano pa man ang mawala, hindi ako maaapektuhan.
Ask yourself again in a much deeper level:
– Who I am? I am… I am not…
– How am I? How am I in the world?
– How do others see and speak of me?
– What key life moments define who I am today?
– What brings me the most passion, joy, and fulfillment?
– Where do I struggle the most?
– Ano-ano mga dapat i-improve?- What fears often hold me back?- What habitual emotions hurt me?- What mistakes do I tend to make?- Where do I tend to consistently let myself down?
– Ano-ano ba ang mga skills at abilities na meron ako?
– Saan ba ako nage-excel?
Pag-isipan mong maigi kung alin sa mga tanong ang nagre-remind sa iyo of your worth.
2. BOOST YOUR SELF-ACCEPTANCE
To do this, umpisahan mo sa pagpapatawad sa sarili mo. Yes. Bago ang ibang tao, sarili mo muna. Embrace it then, think of your struggles, needs for improvements, fears, bad habits and commit to forgiving yourself and accepting yourself without judgment. Accept mo yung good, bad, ugly, flaws, fears and qualities na hindi nakaka-proud. Tell yourself, “This is how I am and I am at peace with that.”
3. ENHANCE YOUR SELF-LOVE
You love yourself and you can do so much. Ang goal mo is to extend kindness, generosity and compassion to yourself. Nag all out ka sa ibang tao, mag all out ka din sa sarili mo. Pay more attention with the tone you use to yourself. Be more positive and uplifting to yourself. Harap sa salamin: “I love myself wholeheartedly, I am worthy and capable person.”
4. RECOGNIZE YOUR SELF-WORTH
Dadating sa point na hindi ka na magdedepende sa kung anong sasabihin ng ibang tao, o kung ano mang maa-achieve mo sa life para mapansin mo yung worth mo. Remind yourself:- Hindi mo kailangan i-please lahat- May control ka on how you feel about yourself- You have the power to respond to any situation which reflects your true value- Your true value comes from what you have set for yourself
5. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOURSELF
Own up. Kahit anong pagsubok pa ‘yan, don’t let others take away your personal power. This personal power is your ability to bring change and influence any form of situation in your life.
Galingan mo sa part na ‘to, para ‘pag may dumating mang pagsubok sa buhay mo, you will not question yourself instead you will be reminded of your worth.
Nanampal ng 3
, ‘wag kang iilag,