Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official position of Boiling Waters PH.
I am a 25 year old licensed mechanical engineer and I’ve been working for an established Japanese EPC company as an engineer for almost four years now.
First things first, “Why did I have to describe my status in life?”
Because I had to describe my season. I had to make the readers know where exactly I am in my life. I am a SINGLE PROFESSIONAL.
While you are busy reading this article, try mo rin makinig sa episode namin:
And before I get to the cup of tea, I’d like to say this as early as now.
“Most STUDENTS these days don’t know how to prioritize.”
If you’ll look at the chart, it is divided into 4 parts.
- Your life as a CHILD.
- Your life as a STUDENT.
- Your life as a SINGLE PROFESSIONAL.
- Your life as a MARRIED MAN OR WOMAN.
If you’re curious, I based this on a life span of 80 years.
CHILD – 5 years
STUDENT – 16 years
SINGLE – 10 years
MARRIED – 49 years
I did not base this on any survey or anything of the sort. This is just an estimate but I believe the percent difference wouldn’t be that big for most people.
Let’s start with the obvious. Your first 5 years as a CHILD is something that you can’t skip. You really have to be trained to use the toilet, brush your teeth, take a bath and… well, you get the picture.
Next. After learning the basics in life, you need to study. You’ll become a STUDENT and you’ll learn a lot of new things. In your early years as a student, you’ll start having dreams and plans for your future. You start having a vision of how you want to live your life as an adult.
Life as a student is quite long. It takes about 16 to 20 years, depending on your course or depending on your financial capabilities of going to school.
Now, I want this to be as clear as crystal:
This is my exhortation for the students. You may or may not agree with me but I will say this anyway.
“If you’re a STUDENT, be a STUDENT. Study and graduate. DON’T ENTER A RELATIONSHIP AS A STUDENT.”
Why? Because if you do, you’ll end up missing the next season which is the shortest season in anyone’s life. Being a SINGLE PROFESSIONAL.
I’m currently a SINGLE PROFESSIONAL and I’m now earning and now officially “spoiling” my parents.
One thing that most people don’t realize is that the only time that you could give back to your parents and family is when you’re a single professional. Not when you’re married and have to provide and build your own family.
Also as a single professional, you get to do things such as:
- Buy things for yourself using the money that you worked for.
- Go out with your friends. (Without anyone preventing you from doing so.)
- Eat like there’s no tomorrow. (I can hear a lot of Tito’s and Tita’s screaming at the back.)
- Travel and meet new friends.
- Do something exciting like sky diving. (Okay maybe not everyone wants this.)
The biggest highlight for this season is this:
“Your time as a Single professional is short. Way shorter than the last season (which is marriage) and it’s really surprising that something this obvious is not being taken seriously.”
Maximizing your life as a Single Professional is part of the preparation of being a MARRIED MAN.
“It takes two to tango.”
If you want your marriage to work, you have to be prepared. You should both be financially, emotionally and spiritually ready.
You don’t have to be super rich. You just have to be ready to provide, ready to listen and love your wife, and ready to lead her to Jesus Christ.
To wake up every day for the rest of your life seeing the same face isn’t something that you can undo just because you’re sick and tired of the person sleeping in the same bed as you are.
I don’t have much to say about this season yet since I’m not there yet but I really am looking forward to spending the rest of my life with the woman God has prepared for me.
Now, for the students out there:
For the men:
- Mag-aral kayo. Grumaduate kayo para makahanap kayo ng magandang trabaho. Tandaan niyo, tayo ang haligi ng tahanan. As men, we are called to provide for our family. God designed us in a way that we could love, protect and provide. Package yon. Hindi pwedeng mahal lang ng mahal. Kailangan nakakapagprovide at nagpoprotect.
- Wag kang mag-apura. Hindi porke’t maganda o sexy, syosyotain mo na kaagad. Lalo na kung nanghihingi ka naman ng pera sa nanay mo pang date sa mang inasal para unli rice. Pag yan hindi mo naalagaan ng maayos malaki ang tyansa na maging bungangerang misis lang yan. I dunno about you pero ayoko naman na araw-araw ako gigising para lang bungangaan ng magiging asawa ko.
- Wag kang puro papogi lang. Kahit gaano ka pa kapogi, kung wala ka naman trabaho. Wala din. Pag nagutom kayo hindi mo naman pwede ipakain yang mukha mo sa asawa mo.
For the women:
- You’re God’s princesses. And you’ll be someone’s queen. But that doesn’t mean na aasa ka nalang sa “Prince Charming” mo. Wag ganon. Aim to become a successful woman. Mas nakakainspire magmahal ng babaeng marunong sa buhay. (PS. Sobrang importante yung luto. Hehe.)
- Karapatan niyong maging choosy dahil kayo ang mag-susubmit sa asawa niyo. Magpapalit kayo ng apelyido. Iiwan niyo ang mga magulang niyo para manirahan kasama siya. And kayo ang magbubuntis. Well. Hindi ko naman na siguro kailangan pang iexplain yan. Kaya pag namili kayo, yung kasubmit-submit naman!
- Never lower your standards. Diamonds are hard to get. Wag kang magpaka-graba na kung sansan nalang napupulot. If a man truly loves you, he will wait. Wag kang mapressure sa love life ng iba. Pero wag ka namang OA na hindi na makatarungan yung standards mo. Baka sisihin mo pa kami pag tumanda kang dalaga. Just keep the non-negotiables.
Keep this in mind.
“The true purpose of having a relationship is to someday be married.”
Kung wala ka namang balak pakasalan, wag ka na makipaglandian. Lalo na kung hindi ka pa naman handa.
At hindi ang mga tao sa paligid mo ang magsasabi sayo kung handa ka na. You have to assess and check your heart.
As the future head of the house, “Handa ka na bang mahalin at pagsilbihan ang magiging asawa mo at mga magiging anak niyo?”
Malalaman mo yun lalo na kapag sawa ka na maging single and kapag nasa harap mo na yung taong hinanda ng Diyos para sayo.