Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official position of Boiling Waters PH.
There are days that I would really cast doubt on myself, am I really having a high standard because of so much brokenness in our society so I end up hiding myself away in view of the season that I am in or am I just being so hopeful that God wouldn’t withhold all the FINEST things for me and for the generation that honor God’s standard about love and relationships? Whatever it is, God knows my heart better than I do.
To the girl who believes that your NO is important when God still not saying yes to it,
While you are busy reading this article, try mo rin makinig sa episode namin:
Here are the things I want you to stir up:
- First, I want you to know that it is not our job to choose. Our job is to submit first to our Most High God, Our First Love, be prepared by Him so we can position ourselves to be the woman God that created us to be so when He says it’s time there’s no justification needed. That’s how God created you and me. He believes in you so much, responsible, valuable and submitted woman of God.
Proverbs 18:22 “He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD.”
- Having a high standard when it comes to saying yes to someone you hope to devote a lifetime with is not wrong. WHY? IT’S HUMBLY BECAUSE YOU HAVE FAITH IN THAT PERSON AND YOU HONOR THAT MAN. So, it is important to seek God, have discernment and really honor the counsels of our parents, church leaders/family in Christ. And make it your mission to see the real essence of a relationship is not just merely for yourself and comfort but to pursue God’s work here on Earth hand in hand that can set this world on fire for Jesus or maybe someone’s heart will do. BECAUSE BEING WITH SOMEONE WHO IS SUPERBLY IN LOVE WITH A STRENGTH OF CHARACTER AND PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TOO GOOD TO BE FALSE. So genuinely wait on it. Anyone else will be a mere imitation of the grandest thing. The love you are waiting for will be so sure when it comes to loving you and you will come to question some things in life but his love for you won’t be one of them and it will be a cut above than the sketchy signs of courtship.
“IF IT IS GOD’S WILL, THERE’S NO NEED TO JUSTIFY IT. IT WILL ARISE TO YOU LIKE A GIFT WAITING TO GET UNWRAPPED AND THE SUPREME GIVER OF ALL WOULDN’T MISLEAD YOU BECAUSE HE IS A FAITHFUL GOD AND HIS PROMISES ARE YES AND AMEN. JUST YIELD TO HIS WILL. DO NOT UNWRAPPED THE GIFT / GET UNWRAPPED WHEN HE DOESN’T SAY SO.”
- It’s vital to know the season you are in, if you are fully fledged in giving into a relationship or else you’ll wrap up very much misconceived. In my case, I personally know that God is still working on me. Instead of over thinking about it, I use my time wisely to pursue what God wants for me now in this season of growing deeper in His love. And you don’t want to be selfish, right? Being in a relationship requires denying yourself. That selfless kind of love that is committed to understand him, to support him at all cost and just love him unconditionally.
“IF YOU DESIRE FOR A RELATIONSHIP THAT WILL LAST, BE COMMITTED TO YOURSELF FIRST. IF YOU KNOW HOW TO LOVE YOURSELF ENOUGH THEN YOU CAN LOVE OTHERS AS WELL. DON’T JUST SETTLE IN COMPATIBILITY BUT RATHER BE WITH SOMEONE WITH CHARACTER. EMBRACE GROWTH. WE ALL NEED IT. BY GOD’S GRACE WE WILL CONTINUALLY GROW IN HIS LOVE.”
- Stop comparing your own love story based on the movies you have watched, novels you have read and even your friend’s love story. You have an undeniably remarkable story. God created us all in unique ways. We all have distinct stories and character. But as we come to know and experience the beauty of Christ, everything grows into Christ-like. Who wouldn’t want to be with someone who manifests God’s graciousness and beauty? Of course, no one. We all pray for someone who will extend grace to us when we fail because he, himself have received it from the Lord. So, be with someone who will choose to resolve a disagreement because it is a part of human relationship and most of all he will always make you feel that you are worth the wait. Why? Simply, because you do Proverb 31 woman!
10 [a]A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.
13 She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.
14 She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.
15 She gets up while it is still night;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her female servants.
16 She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
17 She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.
18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
and her lamp does not go out at night.
19 In her hand she holds the distaff
and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
20 She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.
21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
22 She makes coverings for her bed;
she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes.
25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.
26 She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all.”
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
31 Honor her for all that her hands have done,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.
- Know that everything you have received and will come into your life is a product of God’s grace and unconditional love. You will have it not because of your wisdom and right perspective but mainly because Jesus Christ have paid it all at the Cross. Not you, but Christ alone. Start living with God. You are His beloved.
John 10:10 “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”
“IT IS GOOD TO DESIRE A GOD-CENTERED RELATIONSHIP BUT WE MUST DESIRE TO GET DEEPER WITH GOD ABOVE EVERYTHING AND NEVER FORGET THAT JESUS CHRIST WILL ALWAYS BE ENOUGH AND HE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN COMPLETE US. EMBRACE THE BEAUTY OF SOLITUDE IF YOU NEEDED TO BECAUSE YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM IT, YOU WILL HAVE MORE TIME IN PURSUING YOUR GOD-GIVEN DESIRES AND GET TO ENJOY YOUR SEASON OF GROWING. DON’T LIMIT YOURSELF. YOU WILL REALIZE THE IMPORTANCE OF KNOWING AND EXPERIENCING GOD’S LOVE FIRST BEFORE YOU GIVE INTO SOMETHING. LET THE LORD BE THE CENTER OF YOUR LIFE. EMBRACE YOUR SEASON AND GROW WISELY.”
Your 20-year-old self with Boldness, Faith, Hope and Love living under His Grace,
PS. Writing this today so that someday when I look back, I’ll see trace of God’s hand over my life and thank Him for His saving grace.
Calligraphy by: Leslie Ann Murallo
Quote by: Ptr. Jamey Santiago-Manual