Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official position of Boiling Waters PH.
1. Happiness is where you are now, or nowhere at all.
– It’s not a new relationship, it’s not a completed goal, and it’s not a new car. Until you give up the idea that happiness is somewhere else, it will never be where you are
2. Closure is your choice.
While you are busy reading this article, try mo rin makinig sa episode namin:
– Closure is not an apology, or justice, or answers. If the situation made you feel awful, seeking closure by reopening it is insanity. Sometimes, closure isn’t something they can give you. Closure is moving on, it is your choice.
3. Taking no risk is a bigger risk.
– You have to risk failure to succeed. You have to risk rejection to be accepted. You have to risk heartbreak to love. If you’re always avoiding risk, you’re risking missing out on life.
4. If you are happy alone, you’ll be happier together.
– There is no type of affection that can fill the void in a person who doesn’t love themselves already. There is no independence in dependency.
5. It is not your job to fix damaged people.
– Your responsibility to help someone will never outweigh their responsibility to help themselves.
6. Forgiving yourself will be the hardest challenge in your life.
– Accept the fact that you will make mistakes here and there. All of your actions have consequences and it’s totally okay for you to mess up because it’s the only way for you to learn and discover yourself.
7. Failures are unavoidable.
– You will fail multiple times and some of the failures will make you want to give up. Failing is the only road to success and it’s never about the results; it’s about always getting back up and trying again.
8. People come and go.
– People will leave and sometimes the sad part is because it’s our fault.
9. Reality or Discomfort? The choice is yours.
– You can choose the discomfort of facing reality, making decisions to change, and having the difficult dialogue needed to do both. You can also choose the discomfort of rationalizing your situation, lying to yourself, and making excuses.