You meet someone, you think they’re different from others and you get attracted. They make you feel at ease. It might confuse you and this can be tricky. Do you always think about them? Do you want to share your world with them? Do they become your priority? Do they make you feel better about yourself? Do you freak out whenever you talk to them? Do you feel a little jealousy when you see them talking to somebody else? Does it feel right? Love is something we feel and, when we do, we say “Finally, this is it.”
Falling in love with someone gives you the butterflies and the endless desire to talk to them and please them. Once you start falling in love with someone and allow yourself to be vulnerable, it can get really intense and this can wreck you.
Now, I’ll teach you some ways on how to prevent falling in love with someone.
- Be honest with yourself – You need to take a moment and think about your feelings. Are you really in love?
- Set your boundaries and limits – This is really important to guard your heart. Constantly spending time with them can make you fall deeper. Remember who you are in someone’s life.
- Distract yourself – Never let them control your mind. You should keep yourself busy to divide your attention and to stop always thinking about them. Pursue your hobby, take a part-time job or help your parents clean the house.
- Distance yourself from them – This is really painful especially if you interact with them on a daily basis but this might help you because getting close to them will only make it hard for you to move on.
- Stop stalking – Constantly going through their social media accounts will only make you fall deeper. It will be more difficult for you as you get to know them. Someone told me “What you don’t know won’t hurt you.”
But still, you’re the one who’s in control of your own life and your own heart. I understand that it’s really hard to control your feelings. You can choose to walk away or fight for what you think is right. Is it worth the risk? Is it worth the pain?