Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official position of Boiling Waters PH.
We should rest comfortably knowing that God wants to give us a spouse. It is God who invented marriage and it is God who said: “It’s not good for man to be alone.” (Genesis 2:18) But God brought the help meet forth when God decided it was time. Adam did not fabricate her himself. It was God’s timing. He was single and busy about God’s business until God decided it was time for him to get married.
Though the Bible promises you a spouse, biblically speaking, you don’t need a spouse (or boyfriend/girlfriend) for reasons you think you do. Marriage will NOT complete you. Marriage will only compliment you. YOU ARE ALREADY COMPLETE IN CHRIST.
You must realize that your singlehood is a gift from God. Singlehood is when you are to learn how to please God. Singlehood is when you learn to be a giver and a servant. If you get married and you’ve never learned how to please God, you will not know how to please your spouse.
While you are busy reading this article, try mo rin makinig sa episode namin:
IN THE BEGINNING …
God invented marriage …
* Adam was formed by God. You must allow God to form you.
* Adam was busy working in the Garden. You must be busy working in the Garden (The Kingdom, the local church). You’ll find your spouse in God’s Garden, not the beer garden.
* God took note of man, that he needed help in keeping the Garden. Are you busy for God and need help working in God’s Kingdom?
* God made a woman for Adam. As a woman, you must allow God to make you for your husband.
* God presents the woman to Adam. Adam was still busy working for God, not working to find a woman.
* Adam gladly received and accepted the woman.
(LADIES: You can’t make a man want you. He either does or he doesn’t.)
If he/she is not laboring for God in His garden (the Kingdom, the church), they are off limits to you.
I feel very strongly that marriage is not a higher calling than the single state. Happy indeed are those people, married or single, who have discovered that happiness is not found in marriage but IN A RIGHT RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD. 💜